- Hold the foundation: Foundation is not a mask you can hide behind, and applying it in a hurry will always result in a patchy look. The solution: Mix even quantities of foundation and moisturizer and apply for a smooth, glossy, even skin tone.
- Forgetting mascara! However much you may be pressed for time, do not forget the mascara. It really opens out the eyes and gives you a more 'awake' look!
- Skip the lip liner: A lip liner takes a bit of talent and time. If in a hurry, skip it and use the lipstick or better still, lip gloss directly.
- Switch to gloss: Matte lipsticks take time to apply evenly. Just go for lip gloss.
- Do not experiment: Hold back that new shade of eye shadow or lipstick or even blush if you are not sure how it will look on you. Stick to tried-tested formulas when in a hurry!
Vimi Joshi, M.A.C Senior Artist, gives tips on makeup in a hurry:
If you are running out of time, here are five things she thinks you should do!
- Run to the bathroom and wash your face well; and use a makeup remover to get the day off your face.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Dab on a cream, body butter, moisturizer, and smooth on till your skin is glossy.
- Use a kohl pencil and apply mascara for your eyes to really light up!
- Use a blush from your temples to mid-cheek for a youthful appearance. You may use a darker color on the contours of your cheek to add a more defined look.
- Lastly, swipe on a glossy lippy, spritz on perfume and step out with confidence!