- The first step is to match your foundation to your skin. A good tip is to test the undertone of the foundation (if yellow or pink) on a piece of white paper.
Samantha's Rec: Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Cream Compact Foundation
- To cover under eye dark circles and acne scars or other blemishes, use a concealer that is one shade lighter than your foundation.
Samantha's Rec: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
- Eyes are an important part of your face, one which you can accentuate well, especially for an evening out. A lot of good products are available these days for you to experiment with. However, choosing the right eyeshadow color is important. For desi skin tones, the best colors to go for are dull pinks, soft tans, browns or other earthy colors.
Samantha's Rec: M.A.C Eye Shadows in Pink Source, Bamboo, Patina
- Sometimes, a color looks different on different people, so to get the exact shade (as it looks on the palette), it is advisable to use a primer before applying eyeshadow. Cover the entire lid up to the lower edge of the brow bone with the primer and do not extend beyond the outer edge of the eye.
Samantha's Rec: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Always start with a little color on the eyeshadow brush as it is easy to add.
Samantha's Rec: M.A.C Brush 227
- To add sheen and give the eyes a more rounded look, dust some gold or a frosted shade on the center of the eyelid and the brow bone.
Samantha's Rec: M.A.C Eye Shadows in Gorgeous Gold and Ricepaper
- For a more dramatic look, experiment with blue or violet mascara and green, navy blue or silver eyeliner. Do not neglect the eyebrows - shape them up with a light brown eyebrow pencil.
Samantha's Rec: Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara in Extreme Blue and Fascinating Violet; M.A.C Liquidlast Liner in Inky and Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Revolver; M.A.C Eye Brow Pencil in Lingering
- Your blush and lipstick should match not just your outfit, but your skin tone as well. Not everybody can wear pink or maroon lipstick. So try different tones (pinks or browns).
Samantha's Rec: M.A.C Beauty Powder Blushes in Shy Beauty and Eversun; M.A.C Lipsticks in Mellow Frame and Taupe
- For a touch of glamour, dust gold or silver iridescence powder on the cheekbones (near the temples) and the collar bone.
Samantha's Rec: M.A.C Loose Beauty Powder in Drizzlegold and M.A.C Loose Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk